"We have found our plumber for life! Jim is awesome! We just bought a house with a leak in the foundation, and in spite of the complicated and extensive nature of the repairs needed, Jim quoted us an incredibly reasonable price. Having just closed on a house, though, we were extremely short on funds, and so to help us out, Jim did a temporary fix for much less, and even though he was going above and beyond and doing this extra work for us, he said he'd even deduct the cost of that repair from the total of the final, permanent repair, when we had that done!! I can't say enough good things about him - there's much more, but I don't have room!"
Did you know that your tap water might contain traces of such harmful chemicals as lead, arsenic, cadmium, and pesticides? High levels of these and other toxins commonly found in drinking water are known to cause disease and damage organs. Having either a reverse osmosis or carbon-based water filtration system professionally installed by Baker Brothers Plumbing, Air Conditioning & Electrical is a great way to safeguard the health of your family by virtually eliminating the toxins in your tap water. Soon, you will find the water coming from your tap is pure and tastes clean, meaning you can use it for drinking, cooking, bathing, and laundry without issue.
Wall thickness does not affect pipe or tubing size. 1/2" L copper has the same outer diameter as 1/2" K or M copper. The same applies to pipe schedules. As a result, a slight increase in pressure losses is realized due to a decrease in flowpath as wall thickness is increased. In other words, 1 foot of 1/2" L copper has slightly less volume than 1 foot of 1/2 M copper.
Pete's Plumbing is, hands down, the best in the area! He's professional, he's quick to schedule you and he puts your mind at ease! Nothing is worse than being surprised by an unexpected leak or a backed up tub, but Pete responds quickly and calmly and explains the potential issues in a way you can understand! He obviously works hard and his prices are reasonable, can't beat that! Thanks, Pete!
Despite the Romans' common use of lead pipes, their aqueducts rarely poisoned people. Unlike other parts of the world where lead pipes cause poisoning, the Roman water had so much calcium in it that a layer of plaque prevented the water contacting the lead itself. What often causes confusion is the large amount of evidence of widespread lead poisoning, particularly amongst those who would have had easy access to piped water. This was an unfortunate result of lead being used in cookware and as an additive to processed food and drink, for example as a preservative in wine. Roman lead pipe inscriptions provided information on the owner to prevent water theft.